- Click the Reception | Registers/Events tab.
- Set the date range for the event.
- Use the filters or search box to find the event or the series of events you wish to edit, cancel or delete. The drop-down bars can be used to filter by group, year/grade or organiser.
Please note: if the event is not within the date range set, the group, year/group or organiser will not appear in the drop-down boxes.
- From there, select the desired event from the list that will appear on the left-side of the screen.
- Click the Details tab on the right hand side
Editing an Event
- Now you can edit any of the details of the event, this is done by either typing in the text boxes or changing the time/date details. When finished, select the green 'Save' button.
- When clicked, if the event is part of a series of events, a pop-up box like the one shown in the image below will appear on the screen. The detail/s you have changed will be displayed and the 'Copy value' box will be ticked by default (this is for a series of events).
- If you wish to change every event in the series to correspond with the detail change, tick the tick box next to each event and then click the blue 'Apply changes' if you only wish to edit this singular event, click the yellow 'Leave Other Events'.
- The event details have now been changed.
- Parents/pupils do not receive a communication notifying them of the change. It is suggested that you send a parent notice/pupil notice notifying them of the change.
Changing Events from Block Booking to Block Booking Allow Joining Part Way Through
With events that have the Event Type/Booking options set to Block Bookings, once the first event has occurred, then no more bookings can be made for those events, either by parents/students or Admin users. In this case, you may want to change them to Block Booking Allow Joining Part Way Through.
Although you can change this from Reception | Registers/Events, it is probably easier from within the container.
Within the container:
- Click on View Events/Bookings
- Click on one of the events
- Click Details
- Scroll down and check the Allow joining part way through series box
- Scroll down and click Save
- In the pop up box, ensure the Allow Joining Part Way Through box is checked. There will be a warning triangle stating that Any changes to this option will always update all future events.
- Scroll down and click Apply Changes. You will not be able to click the Leave Other Events
- If the sign up is still open, then parents/students will now be able to make bookings for these events. Admin users will also be able to make bookings, even if the sign up has closed.
Cancelling an Event
- Click the red 'Cancel Event' tab in the details tab of the event (you will need to scroll down to the bottom of the page to see this button)
- When selected, a pop-up screen will appear on the screen like the one shown in the image below. You have the option of:
- Title: changing the title of the cancellation notice
- Recipients: sending it to parents, pupils, and staff
- Typing an optional message in the text box
- Click the blue 'Confirm' tab.
- Now the event has been cancelled and it will be marked as cancelled in the staff, pupils, and parents diary as cancelled.
Deleting an Event
- Click the red 'Delete' tab in the details tab of the event (you will probably need to scroll down to see this button)
- When selected, a pop-up box will appear on the screen.
- If the event is a one-off, click the green 'Delete' button to delete the event.
- If the event is part of a series the pop up box will be similar to the image below. If you wish to delete every event within the series, click the red 'Toggle' tab. When the correct events have been selected to delete, click the blue 'Delete Events' tab.