The Register views are similar both on app or web when using smart phones.
- After login, the Home defaults to show today's Upcoming Events and Latest Messages.
- Click on the event to see the Register. If you are unable to locate the event, please click on View all, you will be taken to Calendar where all events shown. You may Select Event Types to locate events quickly.
- The screen defaults to Attendance and Quick view after clicking on the event.
- Click on the student's name and take the attendance (Present/ Absent/ Excused/ Late).
- Click on the shortcut button for marking all present/ absent
- If you would like to leave attendance notes, please switch to Detailed view and click on icon.
- After attendance is taken, if a student excited, please switch to Exit view and document the leaving and with whom.
- Notify Parents / Staff of Absentees buttons will become available if a student is marked absent. (Please note, your school may choose to not to see the 'Notify parents of absentees' button if preferred)
- When two staff members are taking the register at the same time, if one staff member marks a student with a conflicting status, a 'Resolve Attendance State' button appears which leads to a pop-up box asking the second member who is taking the register to cancel or confirm the attendance status.
- The timestamp of when the register was last taken will show on the top of the screen.
Available information shown when taking attendance
- Details contains information about the event. You may click on icon to edit, cancel or delete the events.
- Guardians contains parent/ guardians contact details for quick access.
- Medical gives quick access to medical details (collected by a custom data form or from your MIS - please contact SchoolsBuddy for more details)
- Send Message can be used to send messages to the group, or cancel the event.
- Tagged Data (optional) shows the information collected from custom data forms. If you would like to collect extra details that would be useful for staff to see please contact SchoolsBuddy to set this up.
Number of filters and features available on Detailed view of register (Filter button is located at the right upper corner)
- Select Grade
- Hide Class
- Hide Date of Birth
- Sort by Name or Year
- Consent Notes - Any notes added by parents at the time they consented to the event
- Attendance Notes - Any notes added by staff when taking attendance
- Previous Event & Next Event- Shows time, name and location of previous/ next event for the student
Indicators of the registers status
- A Green tick ()- denotes that the register is complete, ALL the students have been marked as one of the options.
- A Yellow half tick () - denotes that at least one student does not have one of the options marked.
- A Red minus () - denotes that the register is complete AND the parents have been notified of absentees.
- A Red cross () - denotes there is no tick present and the event time has passed, either there are no students assigned to the event or none of the register has yet been taken.