- Click the Messages icon in the top right corner to be brought to your inbox
- Click the Send Communication button. If you are an Administrator or Communications Administrator, then you will be able to send messages to all Groups and the Whole School if required. If you have standard staff access you will only be able to send messages to Groups that you are a part of.
- The sending interface will load, and you will have the choice of whether to send via email or SMS. In order to use the SMS function within SchoolsBuddy you must have the module enabled and have previously purchased credits in advance. See support article Sending Parents an SMS message for more information
- Ensuring that email is the selected option, click the Select Recipients button to open up the Recipients filter options
- You can click the dropdown box to switch between Years/Grades/ Groups/Person/Whole School. To add a recipient type to the selection click the add button on the right-hand side. You can then view the selections you have added at the top of the screen. To remove a selection click the trashcan icon to the right of their name.
- When adding a recipient type, you can also choose who receives the message from the selected group (staff/parents/students):
- You can now type in the title of your message. This will show as the message subject /push notification heading.
- You also have the option to add attachments if you require.
Attachments have to be an image (e.g. jpg, png) or a PDF and cannot exceed 5mb in size. You can add multiple attachments.
- You can now type into the message body to create your message.
SchoolsBuddy now supports images within email communications. The image will then be visible within the template as well as in the communication found in the message centre.
- To insert an image located online, you can simply Copy image address via the right click of your mouse and then paste the address in the source.
You can add formatting to your message with bold, italic, tables etc
- When you have created your message click the green send button to send the message
- The message will take a minute to deliver to Parents. If you are an Administrator, this will also be viewable under the 'All Messages( from 13th Aug 2021)' tab in the Message Centre.
- Parents will receive the message by email, push notifications on mobile devices (assuming this is enabled). When the parents log into SchoolsBuddy on the web the message will be visible in the Message Centre. Below is an example of how the parents will see this message in the web portal.