Locations tell parents where to go to collect their children after an activity or school trip, and where to attend parent teacher conferences. Students can also see locations in their diary so they know where to go for their activity.
We recommend setting up your school locations when you get started; your classrooms, gym, hall, field or meeting points (e.g. front of school). These can be entered very quickly into the system but if you have a very long list, please supply the details you would like in a spreadsheet and we can import this for you (use 4 columns as shown in the Details fields: Name*, Description, Home/Away*, Location Type - starred fields are mandatory).
For home locations, you do not need to fill in many of the fields, Name and Home is enough. Away locations are used for Sports fixtures, so if you fill out the full address, parents will be able to link to Google Maps immediately and find the location:
The Locations centre also has a list of related attendance registers/events for the location which can be used to check the location's availability:
Adding a new location
An "Organisation Super Admin" staff role is needed to create and update event locations.
- Click the Settings icon in the top-right hand corner
- Click the Locations/Rooms tab (either at the top of the page, or underneath 'Checklist')
- On the Locations/Rooms page, click 'Add'
- Fill in the location details. Name is the only compulsory field, the other fields are optional and will all default to home locations if not set. Add a full address if parents will need it (for example, for Sports fixtures). *Please note that in order for a location to be viewable when adding the location to an activity, the location is must be set to HOME not AWAY.
- Click Save.
- Click on any location in the list to view and edit the details. Click Save to update changes. Locations that have not been used for activities can be deleted. You can edit locations at any time but once the location has been used on a published activity it can not be deleted as it is required for historical reporting.