After completing the auto-allocation process, you have the option to manually allocate students to activities. For instance, if a student missed out on a specific activity in the previous term, you can make manual adjustments before publishing the complete allocations to parents. While it's possible to manually allocate the entire sign-up, we recommend the time-saving auto-allocation method. To manually allocate students, follow these steps:
- Click the Groups/Clubs tab in the container.
- A list of the groups/activities which are in the sign-up will appear. Depending on what stage you are in the sign-up, this will dictate the status of the group/activity.
Upon the completion of the auto-allocation process, the activity/group status will be either:
- Auto-Complete: auto-allocation process has filled the group
- Complete: a group has been manually allocated and marked as complete
- Partial: a group is currently in the process of being manually allocated
- On Hold: the group has not met the selection requirements.
- To manually allocate the group/activity, click the Allocate tab next to the group/activity.
- The group/activity allocation page is shown. An example of this is below.
From here you can either add or remove students from the activity. The icons next to the name of the student represent different information:
- P1/P2/P3/P4/P5: This identifies which preference the student selected this activity (this can be 1-5)
- Green tick mark: This identifies that a student has been allocated every activity they chose.
- 3 tan lines: This indicates that the student has selected other activities which occur on the same day.
- Red triangle: This appears when you manually allocate a student who has already been allocated to another activity on this day (a reminder to remove the other activity).
- Green information bubble: Click to view the student's diary.
To see which other groups the student has been assigned to, click on the student's name.
The student allocation overview will appear on the right side of the screen.
- After completing the manual allocation, you have the option to mark the group as either complete, on hold or save the allocation if you want to make more changes later. The group will show as part completed - partial allocation.
- When you are happy with all the allocations (both manual and automatic), then the activity/group events need to be generated to generate registers and appear in students' diaries. To learn how to do this, click here.