You can manually allocate students to activities after you have run your auto allocation. For example, if a student missed out on an activity that they missed out on last term as well, you could make some manual changes before publishing the final group to parents. You could manually allocate the entire sign up if you want to, but we recommend the timesaving auto-allocation. To manually allocate students:
- Click the Groups/Clubs tab in the container.
- A list of the groups/activities which are in the sign-up will appear. Depending on what stage you are in the sign-up, this will dictate the status of the group/activity.
If an auto-allocate process has been completed then the activity/group status will either be:
- Auto-Complete: auto-allocation process has filled the group
- Complete: a group has been manually allocated and marked as complete
- Partial: a group is currently in the process of being manually allocated
- On Hold: the group has not met the selection requirements.
- To manually allocate the group/activity, click the Allocate tab next to the group/activity.
- The group/activity allocation page is shown. An example of this is below.
From here you can either add or remove students from the activity. The icons next to the name of the student represent different information:
- P1/P2/P3/P4/P5: This identifies which preference the student selected this activity (this can be 1-5)
- Green tick mark: This identifies that a student has been allocated every activity they chose.
- 3 tan lines: This indicates that the student has other preferences for the day of the activity.
- Red triangle: This appears when you manually allocate a student who already has another activity on this day (a reminder to remove the other activity)
- Green information bubble: Click to view the student's diary.
- If you want to view what other groups the student has been allocated, click the student's name. The student allocation overview will appear on the right side of the screen.
- After the manual allocations you can either: mark the group as complete, put it on hold or save the allocation if you want to make more changes later. The group will show as part completed - partial allocation.
- When you are happy with all the allocations, then the activity/group events must be generated. To learn how to do this, click here.