- Click the 'Activities & Clubs Admin' tab (this may be labelled differently due to your School's preferences).
- Click the 'Manage' tab on the desired container, located on the right hand side.
- Click the 'Add' tab, located on the right hand side.
- Fill in the following details as follows:
- Title: Title of the activity
- Description: Description of the activity
- Status: This will be set as 'Available fo Signup' and cannot be changed
- Day: Select which day of the week the activity will take place
- Start time & End Time: This will be set to the time listed in the Container creation process, however, it can be changed on this screen
- Staff Members: You can choose which members of staff will be involved with this activity.
Clicking on the Staff Members button will bring up a box where you can select which members of staff will be involved with this activity. Click on the icon for each member of staff you would like to add and then click Save.
- Lead Staff Member (visible to parents & students during signup): The teacher organising the activity. Please note, this can only be one of the Staff members selected in the previous step.
- Location: If the location that you want to set for the activity is not listed, you will need to create the location. Please read this article for more information about how to do this: Create Event Locations in SchoolsBuddy
- Add another event linked to this one: This enables you to set up groups/activities that run on multiple days of the week AND that the attendees are the same for all occurrences. Please click here to view more information about this.
- Allow post allocation join requests: Check this box if you would like parents/students to be able send a join request for this group once events have been generated
- Hide post allocation join requests once full?: Check this box if when the group meets the maximum number of places then students/parents will not be able to submit a join request
- Number of places: Number of places available in the activity
- Minimum places: Minimum number of places for the activity
- For information/Invitation Only - Users can view but not select: Check this box if you would like to pre-select student for a group. Please click here to see more information about this
- Available to: When selected, the pop-up box shown in the image below will appear. Use the search and drop down bar to determine who the activity will be available to. For example, if Year 5 is selected then only pupils and Parents of Pupils in year 5 will be able to select the activity. When finished, select the green 'Continue' tab
- Gender: Like the 'available' option selecting a gender will only let males/females see the activity. If it is mixed, then this will be available to everyone
- Cost type: This will be either be 'Free', 'Per term/year' or 'Per session'. Please note, if you have the Fees module and you would like the fees to appear in the Fees section, you must select Per term/year
- Cost (this only appears if Per term/year or Per session is selected as the Cost Type): If the activity has a price, type in the details
- Includes Tax (this only appears if Per term/year or Per session is selected as the Cost Type): Check this box if you wish to include tax in the cost
- Activity: Select which sport or activity
- Group Code & Billing Code: Your school's finance department my require these to be filled in
- When the correct details have been entered, click the green 'Save' button
- The new group will be listed inside the container.