You can cancel Parent's Evening sessions individually, sending out a note to the parents by following this article. However, a quicker way to do this is to send a message to the group, then delete all the bookings from the Staff Schedule.
NB. If you would like a record of the appointments, we recommend printing these out from the Reports section prior to deleting the sessions.
- Click Messages.
- Click Send Communication.
- Click Select recipients
- Select Group from the drop down menu
- You can search for the group if there are lots of groups in your organisation
- For the group to which you wish to send a message, you can either click on Add all members or just add staff/parents/students or a mixture of all three
- When you are happy with the recipients, click Confirm
- Enter the title, the body of the message and then click Send
Now you will need to remove the students from the Meetings.
- Select the Activities & Clubs tab. (This may be labelled differently due to your school's preferences)
- Select the Parent teacher Conference tab (This may be labelled differently due to your School's preferences)
- Select the Manage button next to the parents evening/parent conference container you require.
- Select the Staff Schedule tab.
- Select the teacher whose session you would like to cancel. Delete the bookings by clicking the trash can icon next to each name and pressing Delete in the pop-up window.
The next step is to delete the events as they will now be Available to Book if the signup for the container is still open.
- Click on View Meetings/Bookings
- Click on the group for which you would like to delete the events
- Click on one of the events
- Scroll down and click on the Delete button
- A pop up window will appear to ask if you wish to delete all events in the series. Use the Toggle button to select all, scroll to the bottom and click Delete Events.
- If you click on a deleted session under View Meetings/Bookings it will now show Deleted in a red bar on the Details tab.