Instant Book and Pay Events are a great option if you want to give parents/members the option of signing up. The sign-up option is perfect for Holiday Camps, After School Clubs, and events that are not a preference based sign up.
This article will teach you how you create an instant book pay to sign up for a holiday camp.
1. Click the 'Activities and Clubs' tab then 'Instant Book & Pay' (this may be labelled differently due to your schools preferences)
2. Click the blue 'Add' tab to create a new container.
Fill in the correct details surrounding the Holiday Camp.
- Sign Up Title: Title of the Holiday Camp (Parents will see this)
- Description: Description of the Holiday Camp (Parents will see this)
- Allow booking cancellation: Switch on if you allow parents/students to cancel bookings before events (Max 4 days prior to events)
- Auto adjustment payments: Parents will be issued credits if they have previously paid for the events
- Block Clash: Switch on if booking is not allowed for students who already have events with clashing date/time in their diary.
- Maximum Bookable events per group: Leave this as 0 if there is no limit to how many events they can book.
- Activities start/end dates/times: Set the dates for when you want the activities to occur, in this case for the whole school year. You can re-use the container to add trips as the year progresses. The times are not important in this case as they can be set for each individual event later.
- Responsibility for confirmation: Leave Parents only highlighted green, or switch to Students or Parents or Students only according to your School’s preferences.
- Sign up opens: Date when sign up opens (when parents can start booking)/ Sign up closes: Date when sign up closes (e.g. if you are creating the container for the term/year, when is the last day that parents should be able to sign up for the Holiday Camp sessions)
- Show select all button: This enables the parent/student to select all activities in one go.
- Use organisation block dates?: This defaults to on and will use your block dates that have been set at an organisational level. Don't use these if you want to run trips in half term for example.
- Accept Voucher Payments: Only select this if childcare vouchers will be accepted for Breakfast Club Sessions. If you select this option, you will have the choice to be able to limit which group can pay by childcare vouchers (please see this article about Restricting the use of Childcare Vouchers.)
- Terms & Conditions: You can enter any terms & conditions that apply to all trips. Trip-specific T's & C's will be entered at a later stage.
- T&C's additional info (URL): If you have your school T's and C's in a PDF file, for example, you can add a link to it here.
- Booking Data Form: We can create a form for you to collect any other information you require of the student at the time of booking.
- When the correct details have been entered, select the green 'Save' tab.
From the Groups tab, click the blue '+ Add' button in the top right.
- Fill in the correct details regarding the Holiday Camp
- Title: Title of the Group (Parents/Members will see this)
- Description: Description of the Group (Parents/Members will see this)
- Available to: When selected, a pop-up box will appear on the screen. This will determine who can sign up for the Holiday Camp. Use the drop-down box and search bar to search for the Year/Group/Class that will be able to sign up for a time slot. When the correct Year/Group/Class has been found, select the ‘Add’ and then the green ‘Continue’ tab.
- Gender: Gender of the Group
- Lead Staff Member: Which Staff Member will be the organiser of the group
- Activity: This will be 'Other'
- Default Location: Location of the Holiday Camp.
Events must now be created for the group. To do this, click the 'Create Events' tab.
Fill in the following information fields as follows:-
- Title: E.g. 'Summer Camp'
- Vital Information: any vital information surrounding the Holiday Camp.
- Additional Information: any information that you require
- Booking Options: this will be an Individual (Book each session individually, this means pupils can pick and choose which day they attend) If they must attend the full week of camp then use Block booking. Please see Price per session for details of a new charging option for Block bookings - either Pro Rata or full if joining part way through
- Number of places: maximum number of places for the Holiday Camp
- Create for groups: select the newly created group
- Location: this can either be the location specified when creating the group or a location can be selected in the drop-down bar.
- Event type: this will be Holiday Camp
- Cost Type: this can either be free or chargeable
- Price per session: this will be the price per session (price per day, for example, £7 per day) Note: if you are doing a block booking, you still must enter the cost per day. It is now possible to always charge full price for block bookings even if a student joins part way through a series. The event must be a block booking and chargeable to display this option and the default option is to pro-rata the charge as per the original functionality
- Percentage to pay at time of booking/Deposit (%): this is the percentage required to pay when booking.
- Payment Method: select "Default - Create Fees (and allow online payments if applicable)" N.B. Manual bookings with event type "For display purposes only (Do not use if you have online payments)" no longer shows as a Payment Method
- Fill in the following information fields as follows:-
- Frequency: This will be 'Multiple Days'
- Activities start date: First date of the Holiday Camp
- Activities end date: Last date of the Holiday Camp
- Days of the week: select which days of the week
- Start Time: start time of the Holiday Camp
- End Time: end time of the Holiday Camp
- Sign up opens/closes in advance: Set specific sign up open & close time for this event (leave blank to use container open and close dates)
When the correct details have been entered, click the 'Create Rule' tab.
- To publish the events, select the 'Publish Events' tab.
When selected, a summary of the events created will be listed. To publish the events, click the 'I confirm' tick box and the green 'Publish' tab.
- When the events have been published and the sign up has opened, parents/members will be able to sign up for the event.