If the payment provider used by your School is Braintree and you wish to give a parent/pupil a refund for a payment, this must be completed via Braintree. This process contains two stages.
1: Processing a Withdrawal from the Wallet under Fees in SchoolsBuddy
2: Giving the refund within the Braintree Portal
1. Processing a Withdrawal from the Wallet in SchoolsBuddy
All refunds are credited to the parent's wallet in SchoolsBuddy first, so the money can be reused for other purchases. If the parent wants the money to be refunded to their card the credit must be withdrawn and the refund processed through Braintree. To process the withdrawal in SchoolsBuddy please read the article Refunding Money Back to the Original Payment Method.
2. Giving the Refund through Braintree
You can only refund a transaction with a Settling or Settled status. If you need to cancel a transaction that has an Authorized, Submitted for Settlement, or Settlement Pending status, you may be able to issue a void instead.
- Log into your School's Braintree account with your credentials and go to the control panel.
- Click on Transactions in the navigation bar
- Scroll to the Transaction Search section
- Enter the Transaction ID - the payment reference shown in SchoolsBuddy. This payment reference can be found in the Fees Summary screen for instance, or in Financial reports:
- Click the Search button
- Click on the transaction ID link
- Click the Refund button at the top of the page
- Make any adjustments to the amount (if needed)
- Click the Refund button
- Now the payment has been refunded in Braintree, if you have not yet processed a withdrawal from the Wallet in the Fees tab in SchoolsBuddy, go back to part 1.
If this is not done, any related Reports will be affected.