If the payment provider used by your School is Checkout.com and you wish to give a parent/pupil a refund for a payment, this must be completed via Checkout. This process contains two stages.
1: Processing a Withdrawal from the Wallet under Fees in SchoolsBuddy
2: Giving the refund within the Checkout Portal
Processing a Withdrawal from the Wallet in SchoolsBuddy
To process the withdrawal in SchoolsBuddy please read the article Refunding Money Back to the Original Payment Method.
Giving the Refund through Checkout.com
First, find the transaction ID in SchoolsBuddy.
- Click on Fees > Student Accounts Overview. Search for the student name and click 'View Transactions'.
- Adjust the dates as required. Copy the payment reference from the description.
- Log into your Clubs/Organisation Checkout account using the information that used when registering. Log into your Checkout.com portal by clicking here
- When you have logged into the Dashboard of Checkout:
- Click the 'Transactions' tab on the left-hand side of the screen.
- Paste or type the Checkout.com reference from SchoolsBuddy (found in the Fees tab) into the 'Search' bar on the middle of the screen.
- When the reference has been found (if not you may need to change the date range in the top right hand corner!)
- Then on the next screen click the ChargeID
- When the next screen appears scroll to the bottom of the page to find the refund button.
Click that and you can decide the amount to refund and apply either a full or partial refund.
- Now the payment has been refunded in Checkout, if you have not yet processed a withdrawal from the Wallet in the Fees tab in SchoolsBuddy, go back to part 1.
If this is not done, any related Reports will be affected.