If this is the first time you are creating a First Come, First Served based sign-up using a Preference Container, we advise you arrange a training session on this module. Please email email@example.com to arrange a preference based container training session.
When creating a FCFS based sign-up there are two phases. The first phase is creating the activities container and the second phase is creating the activities/groups that will be within the sign-up container.
Creating a Sign-Up Container:
- Click on the 'Menu Icon' in the top-left,
- Click on the 'Activities & Clubs Admin' tab in the menu panel OR click on the 'Activities & Club Admin' icon on the homepage.
- Click the 'After School Clubs (Preference Based)' tab *Please note, this may be labelled differently depending on your school settings
- Click the 'Add' tab
Fill in the correct details surrounding the After School Club Sign Up.
- Sign Up Title: Name of the After School Club Sign Up
- Description: Description of the After School Club Sign Up
- Selection type: select First Come First Serve
Show waiting list option: Select No waiting list or Waiting List
Ignore Day of the Week: Click this box if using the container for School Trips so it is not a repeating weekly day
- Minimum Weekly Student Selections: This is the minimum number of choices the Students/Parents can make
- Activities Start date: This is the first day that your activities commence
- Activities End date: This is the final day that you want activities to take place
- Activity Default Start Time: The time selected will be the default start time of the Container activities, for example the end of your school day (for after school activities)
- Activity Default End Time: The Time selected will be the default end time of the Container activities
- Event type: Select the type of events you will be creating, e.g. After School Club or Breakfast Club
- Booking Confirmation to include linked persons: tick to include all those linked to the student when the selection confirmation is sent.
- Responsibility for Confirmation: Whoever is selected in this option will clarify who can Sign Up for Events or make Activity Selections. Choose from Parents Only, Students or Parents, or Parents Only.
- Sign Up Open and Close: The period in which Parents/Students can Sign Up for Activities. This is different from when the activities run from and to. This is just for signing up. It is recommended to close your sign up in advance of your first activities starting by a few days to allow for allocations and manual changes.
- Allow parent/student re-submission of selections: This should not be checked for FCFS sign-up. If parents fail to re-submit their selections, they will lose their existing selections.
- Allow post allocation join requests: If checked, this lets Parents/Students request to join an activity once the sign up has closed and the allocations have been made. This lets the organiser know someone would like to join an activity which would need to be approved or denied.
- Use Organisation Block Dates: If selected, events will not be created for dates entered within the block dates tab in the reception/registers. These should be set before generating your events
- Terms & Conditions: You can add your sign up Terms and Conditions in the relevant box, or link to them using the Terms additional info (URL)'
- If you wish to capture other data, you can choose to add a Booking Data Form which parents/students have to fill in at time of submitting their choices. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange this.
- If you have the Transport Module enabled, you can choose to link the container to a Transport Timeslot.
- When the details have been entered, click the green Save tab.Now the container has been created, it will appear in the Activities & Clubs Admin tab (this may be labelled differently due to your school's preferences).To add groups/activities to your container, please follow this guide Adding Activities to your Container.