This is an example of selling T-shirts but it can be used to sell anything. Please click on the images to enlarge them.
- Log into SchoolsBuddy and click your 'Activities & Clubs' Tab (This may be labelled differently in your school)
- Click the 'Instant Book & Pay' tab or the 'Merchandise' tab (if this is not an option, please contact SchoolsBuddy and we can set this up for you)
3. Click the 'Add' button on the top right of the screen
- Fill out the title of the Container – we recommend calling this 'Uniform Shop' or something similar
- Add in a description, maybe detailing the items for sale, size, etc. This can be changed as you update what you want to sell, e.g. shorts, tracksuits, etc.
- Set the activity start date to a date in the future, e.g. the date of the end of the school year. Set the activity end date to the same date
- Set the 'Sign-up opens' date to say, the start date of term and the 'Sign up closes' date to the last date you wish the parents to be able to buy the merchandise
- Untick 'Use organisational block dates?'. There is a box here if you would like to be alerted of 'New Booking Alerts' - you must have this staff role in order to receive them.
- Add in any terms and conditions you would like
- Click the green 'Save' button on the bottom right corner
You will now be taken to the Container information screen and will now need to create your Group. To do so click the blue '+Add' button.
- Name the Group as each individual item you would like to sell, for example 'T-Shirts'
- Enter a description if you wish
- Make available to whoever you would like to be able to purchase the Merchandise, e.g. Whole School, etc.
- Gender as Mixed
- Lead Staff Member as whoever is responsible for managing the group
- Activity as 'Other'
- Group code and Billing code are here for reporting purposes - you can add a code here or leave it blank
- Click the green 'Save' button
Now we need to add events, or in this case the different sizes of T-shirts.
- Click on the next tab down on the left hand side labelled 'Create Events'
- Then click on the '+Add New' Button.
1. Name the event 'Small' or whatever size option you are offering
2. Add in any Vital information and Additional information if required
3. Set the Booking Options to 'Individual'
4. Set Number of places to 0 unless you have a limited capacity
5. Check the 'T-Shirts' Box
6. Check the 'Use group default location' box.
7. Change the 'Event Type' to 'Fee Only (hidden from diary)'
8. Change the 'Cost Type' to 'Chargeable'
9. Enter the Price per session as the price of a small T-shirt, e.g. 10 and the percentage amount you want them to pay upfront
10. Change the frequency to 'Single Day' and the date should be set to the last day you would want anyone to book this item
11. Click on the green 'Create Rule' button.
Now we need to do the same for Medium, Large and any other sizes you require. However, there is a short cut to save time.
Click the blue 'Copy' button on the right-hand side.
A lot of the information will already be entered.
Change the title to 'Medium', Check the 'Use Group Default Location' box, change the price to the price for a medium T-shirt, e.g. 30 and the Frequency to 'Single Day' and then click the green 'Create Rule' button.
A pop-up box similar to the one below will appear. Click on the green 'Yes, create rule anyway' button.
Repeat this process for the other sizes, e.g. Large, XL, XXL, etc.
You should now have at least 3 events set up and it should look something like this:
We now need to 'Publish the Events' to make them visible to the parents.
- Click on 'Publish Events' button.
- Check the 'I confirm' box
- Click the green 'Publish' button.
Click the 'Publish' button in the pop-up box that appears.
The events will take a few minutes to be generated but once they are, they will be visible to parents who will be able to select the event and purchase the merchandise.
If parents wish to purchase more than one t-shirt of a given size, then separate events will need to be created for each size, e.g. Small x 2 T-shirt and the price changed accordingly.
When a parent logs in, the container will be available to the parents from the Sign up Opens date for them to be able to purchase the merchandise: