Most of the time you can define who can see and sign up for an activity using the 'Available to' and 'Unavailable to' filters. However, there may be a scenario where you would like an activity to be selected by a subset of two different groups. In this case, you can use the 'Prerequisites' filter in combination with the 'Available to' filter to show the activity to the intended group only.
Example: Swim Squad is for all the students that have attained their Level 2 Swimming Certificate, but it is only available to Yrs 1 - 4. Also, parents can only select the group if they have not been identified as a high debtor.
- First, create a group of students that have the Level 2 Swimming Certificate - see Creating a Group for more details.
- When you are setting up your groups in your Preference Based Container, you will need to set the Available to as Years 1-4, the Prerequisite group as Level 2 Swimming and the Unavailable to as Bad Debtors as follows:
- In your Container, the Group should be showing something similar to this:
- Now, in order to book, a student must be in Years 1-4, must be in the Level 2 swimming group and not be in the Bad Debtors group.
- In this example, Betty Bogarth would not be able to be selected for this activity as although she is in the Level 2 Swimming Group, she is in Year 5 and so this option would not be available for selection.