Groups within SchoolsBuddy are an essential part of the SchoolsBuddy software. Groups within SchoolsBuddy can be created in two different locations:
- Reception tab | Groups tab
- Activities & Clubs Admin (maybe labelled differently due your School's preferences) | within Container
This article gives instructions on how to create a group within the Reception tab. The group created will be a stand-alone group and not associated with a container.
- Click the Reception tab
- Click the Groups tab
- Located in this tab are all the groups created within your School's SchoolsBuddy. As a default, the groups in which you are the lead organiser will be displayed within a list on the left side of the screen.
- To create a new group, click the +Add Group tab
- When selected, a pop-up box will appear on screen like the one shown in the image below. Fill in the details as follows:
- Title: Name of the group/team
- Description: Description of the group/team
- Gender: Gender of the group/team
- Location: Location of the group/team
- Activity: Sport or activity of the group/team
- Group Code: This can be used for further differentiation if required
- Billing Code: This can be used by the finance department if required
When the correct details have been entered, click the green Save button
- The group has now been created. You must add students/pupils to the group
- To do this, click the Pupils or Students tab
- From there you can either add a single pupil or add multiple pupils. To do this, click either tab
- When clicked, a pop-up box will appear on the screen like the one shown in the image below. To add pupils to the group/team, click the green circle + symbol
- Pupils can be filtered by using the filter tools above the pupil selection box
- Selected pupils will appear in the selected column
- Pupils can be removed clicking the red trash can symbol.
When the correct pupils have been added to the group, click the green Save tab.
- The pupils will now be listed within the group/team under the Pupils/Students tab. Pupils/parents will not be notified when they are added to a group/team; however; the group will appear in their groups list within the SchoolsBuddy pupil/parent portal
- You can also perform a variety of functions from within the group such as:
- View What's next for the pupils/students of the group
- Add more pupils/students
- Add more staff (organisers)
- Send communications to the members of the group
- View the guardians of the group (quick access to pupil/parent information including email and phone number)
Please note that if you change the location of a Group after events have been created, this will not change the location of those events. This must be completed as well but the location can be bulk changed for all future events at once.
Please read the Editing part of this article for more information about how to do this: Editing, Deleting or Cancelling an event