Use this article to help you set up a simple fee-only event to charge a group of students with parental consent. If you do not require consent please see the 'Quick Charge article' or watch this Video. This method below should only be used if you require consent.
If you already know which group you wish to add a fee for, please skip to Part 2.
Part 1: Creating a Group:
You need to create a group and add in the students to that group ready for the fee-only event.
- Click the 'Reception' tab
- Click the 'Groups' tab
- Located in this tab are all the groups created within your School's site. As a default, the groups in which you are the lead organiser will be displayed within a list on the left side of the screen.
- To create a new group, click the '+Add Group' tab
- When selected, a pop-up box will appear on screen like the one shown in the image below. Fill in the details as follows:
- Title: Name of the group/team
- Description: Description of the group/team
- Gender: Gender of the group/team
- Location: Location of the group/team
- Activity: Sport or activity of the group/team
- Group Code: This can be used for further differentiation if required
- Billing Code: This can be used by the finance department if required
When the correct details have been entered, click the green 'Save' button
- The group has now been created. You must add students/pupils to the group
- To do this, click the 'Pupils' or 'Students' tab
- From there you can either add a single pupil or add multiple pupils. To do this, click either tab
- When clicked, a pop-up box will appear on the screen like the one shown in the image below. To add pupils to the group/team, click the symbol
- Pupils can be filtered by using the filter tools above the pupil selection box
- Selected pupils will appear in the selected column
- Pupils can be removed clicking the red trash can () symbol.
When the correct pupils have been added to the group, click the green 'Save' tab.
- The pupils will now be listed within the group/team under the Pupils/Students tab. Pupils/parents will not be notified when they are added to a group/team; however; the group will appear in their groups list within the SchoolsBuddy pupil/parent portal
Please note: The group created will be a stand-alone group and not associated with a container. You can edit this group of students before creating another fee event, or remove students as you require.
Part 2: Creating an Event:
- Click the 'Organising' button from the main screen
- Then click '+Add Event'
- At that stage select 'Extra Charges'. NB - if this label is not present please let our Support team know and it can be added for you.
Note, this is only going to create an event to charge the students so parents can pay. It is not designed for a register or regular recurring events. Please click Creating an Instant Book Event for that scenario.
4. Most important is to select 'Send Availability/Consent Requests with auto selection'. This will ensure that consent is given and that the charge is made immediately.
5. Choose Parent Consent if you require parent consent. For some schools this is auto ticked but this does not mean that you need to actually send the consent invites to the parents.
6. Add the fee you would like to charge, and then the group you would like to charge it to. In this case Hockey (boys) . Give the fee event a name, usually something like '2021/2022 -Season 2 Uniform' would suffice.
7. Next set the date. You need to consider when the consent should expire. As this 'from date' is in the past the parent will no longer be able to give consent. Think of this date as the consent expiry date and time.
8. Ignore venue and meeting at. You can give more information in Vital Information if so desired but only worthwhile if you opt for the consent option.
9. Then click 'Save'.
10. When you click save you will see the event planner screen. You can ignore most of this apart from the very important 'Availability / Consent' element (shown below).
11. Click on this section with the green, red and amber symbols. These are the counters of who has been charged.
TO REQUEST CONSENT PRIOR TO CHARGING
1. Select some or all of the students using the INVITE button.
2. Click Save/Send. This will send a clear invite to the parents of the students to respond with consent or decline.
3. Upon consent, the parent account will be charged with the fee. If you make a mistake simply exit from the Organising screen without saving!
4. As parents consent, the numbers and the 'Availability/Consent' fields will change. Counters show the invited - awaiting consent (Amber). Consent has been taken. (Green).
5. In the scenario below, the parent of 'Dale Bennett' has been sent an invite so they will need to consent before they are charged.
6. The parent can now make a payment from their fees tab like checking out on a shopping cart. The payment provider will vary from school to school, depending upon the region.
7. Once the parent has paid you will see this in the relevant fees tabs.
8. It is possible to add charges for more students, by
- adding them to the group and then
- going to the Organising tab, finding the event and you will see their name appear in the list of available students.