Groups within SchoolsBuddy are an essential part of the SchoolsBuddy software. Groups within SchoolsBuddy can be created in two different locations:
- Reception tab | Groups tab
- Activities & Clubs Admin (maybe labelled differently due your School's preferences) | within Container
This article gives instructions on how to create a group within the 'Reception' tab. The group created will be a stand-alone group and not associated with a container.
- Click the 'Reception' tab
- Click the 'Groups' tab
- Located in this tab are all the groups created within your School's SchoolsBuddy. As a default, the groups in which you are the lead organiser will be displayed within a list on the left side of the screen.
- To create a new group, click the '+Add Group' tab
- When selected, a pop-up box will appear on screen like the one shown in the image below. Fill in the details as follows:
- Title: Name of the group/team
- Description: Description of the group/team
- Gender: Gender of the group/team
- Location: Location of the group/team
- Activity: Sport or activity of the group/team
- Group Code: This can be used for further differentiation if required
- Billing Code: This can be used by the finance department if required
When the correct details have been entered, click the green 'Save' button
- The group has now been created. You must add students/pupils to the group
- To do this, click the 'Pupils' or 'Students' tab
- From there you can either add a single pupil or add multiple pupils. To do this, click either tab
- When clicked, a pop-up box will appear on the screen like the one shown in the image below. To add pupils to the group/team, click the symbol
- Pupils can be filtered by using the filter tools above the pupil selection box
- Selected pupils will appear in the selected column
- Pupils can be removed clicking the red trash can () symbol.
When the correct pupils have been added to the group, click the green 'Save' tab.
- The pupils will now be listed within the group/team under the Pupils/Students tab. Pupils/parents will not be notified when they are added to a group/team; however; the group will appear in their groups list within the SchoolsBuddy pupil/parent portal
- You can also perform a variety of functions from within the group such as:
- View 'What's next' for the pupils/students of the group
- Add more pupils/students
- Add more staff (organisers)
- Send communications to the members of the group
- View the guardians of the group (quick access to pupil/parent information including email and phone number)