Once the activities sign up has closed you can make allocations, this can be done manually or using the auto allocation options. This article will explain what the auto-allocation process is and how to do it in SchoolsBuddy.
You can also watch the video below:
The Allocation Process
- On your homepage, click the Activities & Clubs Admin tab (this may be labelled differently due to your School's preferences).
- Click the blue Manage button on the correct container.
- Click the Auto Allocate tab.
- When selected, you will see that no groups have been allocated at this stage. If a group is oversubscribed, SchoolsBuddy can automatically allocate students to the group using two different methods.
- Random: This option will use our algorithm to fairly allocate all your groups based on the choices made by your students.
- First come first serve: This option will allocate oversubscribed groups based on the time stamp when your students/parents submitted their choice to the school.
When the system randomly allocates the students, it will first allocate the P1 choices, followed by the P2 choices, etc.
- To allocate students using only their confirmed selections, click the blue Fast Allocate (Confirmed Selections). This will allocate all the confirmed selections.
- If you want to allocate all selections, even if they weren't confirmed (this means parents have only saved and not confirmed their selections), then use the Fast Allocate All. When selected, within a matter of seconds, your groups have all been allocated, this is shown in the image below. You can see the P1 and P2 allocations; there were not enough choices or demand to require P3, P4 or P5 choices to be allocated.
- If you have a policy that students can only have 2 activities per week, you are able to set the Maximum allocations allowed limit to 2. This means that students will only be allocated a maximum of 2 activities for the week. You are also able to limit the number of free activities they can join per week, but not the amount of paid activities as they generate revenue.
To access a summary of the allocated preferences for students, click on the Student Allocation Overview tab.
To learn more about this tab and the functions that can be performed within it, click here.