In the Activities module of SchoolsBuddy you can enable post allocation join requests for your preference based activities sign-up. Either the Students or Parents can request to join activities. When requested, the activity organiser(s) (or staff with the Join Request Admins role configured from the Staff Roles tab) will receive an email notification.
*External staff are not able to accept or reject join requests, admin staff will need to action the requests for the groups organised by external providers.
They can then manage their group and add the student if there are places available, and accept or decline the join request to send an email back to the parent. Admin Users can accept or decline any requests regardless of the group. This feature is a great tool to allow students joining the school mid-term to request activities; it can also be used for changes if your school allows Students to change activities after the initial sign up has taken place.
Allowing CCA/Activity Container to have Post Allocation Join Requests
- Click the 'Activities Sign up Admin' tab in the left hand menu (this may be labelled differently due to your school's preferences)
- Click the 'Edit' tab next to the container you wish to turn on join requests for.
- Select the tick box and click the green 'Save' tab at the bottom of the page.
- Now the container will show that join requests are turned on.
- Click the 'Manage' tab for your selected container.
- Click the 'Edit' tab next to the group/activity you wish to turn on post allocation join requests.
- Click the 'Allow post allocation join request tick box' and you also have the option of to stop these requests once the group/activity meets the maximum number of places assigned.
- When your preferred options have been selected, click the green 'Save' tab at the bottom of the page.
- In the 'Groups' tab of the container, it will now display that join request are available.
- Below is a pupil/parent view when submitting a post-allocation join request. The image below shows a container that has post allocation join requests available.
- The groups that are available for join requests will be listed and the pupil/parent will be able to submit a post-allocation join request.
Notification of a Post Allocation Join Request
You will receive a notification when a post-allocation join request has been submitted if you are:
- A Sign up and join request admin
- An Activity/Group lead organiser
You will receive an email notification and a notification within your Staff SchoolsBuddy portal.
Accepting or Rejecting Post Allocation Join Requests
Once the CCA/Activities events have been generated and the container is live, Pupils/Parents will abe able to request to join Activities/Groups that have enabled post allocation join requests. As the Organiser of the Activity/Group or Sign up and Join Request Admin, you have the ability to respond to that Pupil join request. To do this:
- Using the Left-hand side navigation bar, click the 'Reception' tab
- Click the 'Join Requests' tab.
- From there, you will see a list of Pupils who have requested to join particular groups.
- As a Sign-up and join request admin you will be able to accept or reject all of the join requests. The lead organiser of a Group/Activity will only be able to accept or reject the activities/groups in which they organise.
- To accept or reject, click the green 'Accept' or red 'Reject' tab.
- If you wish to see the Pupils' profile which will show their diary, group memberships, and other information select the green icon that is located next to the Pupil name.
- Click the 'Diary' or 'Calendar' tab to see their current diary/calendar.
- The parent/pupil will be notified when their join request has been answered via email notification.