To set up the Tuition Fee Billing module the SchoolsBuddy team will need to confirm a few details with you. Please provide the details to us using this linked form.
Firstly, we ask for confirmation of your OpenApply URL, as a verification before we set up your data integration.
Secondly, please provide the details you would like to customise your invoice template. The standard invoice template is shown below. For a list of more details that can be added from the OpenApply data sync refer to Tuition Fee Billing: Data sync with OpenApply
Standard Invoice Template
- Your school's logo (this is the same logo provided to us for your SchoolsBuddy site at onboarding stage)
- Addressee details are taken from the relevant payer details supplied from OpenApply. Corporate invoices also show the corporate payer's address.
- Invoice number is automatically generated sequentially from 1. Date is set as the day you generate the invoice.
- You can enter a Reference upon invoice generation.
- Student name, ID and class are generated automatically. The ID displayed is National ID (synced from OpenApply).
- You will need to provide a list of 'Products' to be billed to students - see guidance below.
- You can enter a payment due date upon invoice generation.
- Please provide all your accepted fee payment methods to us, including any relevant bank details.
- Provide your school's name, address and telephone number. You can also add other details you would like to include, such as your website, a legal name or registration number.
- Confirm which currency you would like to bill parents in. If you are using the SchoolsBuddy Fees module already, you must use the same currency for Tuition Fee Billing.
Lastly, please provide a CSV listing the 'Products' you would like to bill and their costs. This could be different charges for different grades or year groups, instalment amounts, administration charges, uniform or equipment charges etc. You can provide both a Product Code and Nominal Code to identify these products. Please submit the CSV as an attachment on the online form mentioned above or email it to: email@example.com An example CSV is attached.
Tuition Fee Admins
Your school's Super Admin user(s) should assign all staff handling Tuition Fee Billing the Tuition Fee Admin role - see: Assigning Staff Roles for more details.