The invoices tab is used for all actions after the initial Invoice has been raised. Here you can raise a credit note, issue a receipt or resend an Invoice.
1. Once you have invoiced fees, go to the Invoices tab to see a summary view of all Invoices that have been raised.
2. Use the toggles on the column headers to sort invoices raised by Date or Due date
3. Expand the Filter section to filter Invoices by the Billing Cycle, Payer Type or Payment Status.
4. Click on an invoice to see specific details.
5. Each Invoice has an Actions menu, where you can add Notes for your own reference (or other finance staff with the Tuition Fee Admin role). You can also Add Payment to record funds received, Add Credit Note to reduce the fee required to be paid, or View the PDF Invoice sent.
6. View Invoice displays the invoice as a PDF. This is what has been sent to the Payer. If you would like help to change any details on your Invoice please see Tuition Fee Billing: Initial Configuration - Fees and Invoice Templates
Add Notes for internal use
7. Notes are only for internal use. They are only visible in the Invoice panel to Tuition Fee Admin users.
8. The note history is timestamped, and records the username that wrote the note.
Record Payments & Issue receipts
9. Add Payment - The payment amount defaults to the invoice total, but you can edit this. You can also record the date paid, payment method and a reference for the transaction.
10. Payments made are recorded in the Receipts tab. If there is still a balance outstanding, the Payment Status changes to Partial Paid.
A receipt is emailed to the Invoice Payer and you can view a copy of it shortly after (please allow a few minutes for the receipt to be generated).
Add a Credit Note
11. Credit notes can be added to decrease the outstanding balance, for example, if a student is joining the school after the start of term, or you would like to apply a reduction after billing. These will also be sent to the invoice payer by email, and a PDF copy can be viewed after a few minutes.
Resend an Invoice, Credit Note or Receipt, or send to a new contact
12. On the Send tab, you can resend the invoice to the invoice payer, other family or corporate contacts, or to another contact by entering their email address manually.
You can edit the email subject, select to include any invoices, receipts or credit notes as available, and enter a short note to the recipients that will be shown in the body of the email sent.
Chasing Overdue Fees in bulk
When an invoice passes the due date that was set, its status will change to either "Unpaid (Overdue)" or "Partial Paid (Overdue)". Expand the filters and select the relevant payment status. You can select all invoices from the column on the right, or choose which invoices you would like to chase using the checkboxes, then click Send Overdue Reminder.
Once you have sent a reminder, the date of the last email sent is shown so that you don't accidentally send too many reminders: