Deleting a Container:
*****PLEASE NOTE, YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO RECOVER THE CONTAINER OR DATA RELATED TO THE CONTAINER, IF YOU DELETE IT*****
Deleting containers in SchoolsBuddy can be a really useful way to keep everything in order by removing previous or historic containers no longer in use, especially if you are running a vast array of events with multiple containers over the school term.
When creating a container, if there are no events or groups or students added and the container is blank, there will be a button presented to 'Delete' the container.
This applies to all container types: Instant Book and Pay, Preference Based Signups and Parent Teacher Conferences.
The container has events, groups or students already added and is a historic container previously used.
We have a custom script that will run overnight and look for any containers with the word 'delete' at the start of the container title.
Simply going into Edit on the container and altering the signup title to show 'delete' at the start will allow this script to find and remove your used container.
To do this,
- Click on the Activities & Clubs tab in the Menu Panel OR the Activities & Clubs icon on the homepage
- Open the Preference Based Container (or Instant Book/PTC Container)
- Find the Container you want to delete
- Click the 'Edit' button
- Edit the Sign Up Title and add 'DELETE' at the front i.e. 'DELETE Weekly Based Container'
- Scroll down and click 'Save'
- It will take around 24-hours for the container to be deleted