After you have completed your allocations, occasionally there will be one or two groups that fail to meet the required minimum number of students to run the activity. However, due to several reasons (activity was added late into the signup, parents missed it because it was not available to the correct year /grade or group, etc.) you still may want to 'run' the group and create all the weekly activities ready for students to join in the future.
Therefore you have a few options prior to generating events within a container:
Put the activity 'ON HOLD'.
Use this option if you have no immediate plans to run this group/activity. If this changes please see below.** Please note putting a group on hold means the students allocated to this group will not have any activity for that day unless you allocate them to a separate group manually.
Mark the activity manually as 'COMPLETE'.
Use this option if you want to create all future events for this group and run the activity with the allocated students. Once marked as complete and even with no students the events will be generated for this group/activity and this will be live ready for either join requests or manual additions to the group.
** If you have chosen option 1 but later realised you want to run the group please follow the instructions below:
- Go to the container where the group/activity resides.
- Click on Remove from Hold
- Ensure block dates are set at an organisation level (Click here for instructions)
- Click on 'Allocate' and allocate the students you require for the group and then click Complete
- Click on Generate Events
- Once complete any students added to that group/activity will be automatically added to the attendance register for all future events of this type
To enhance the signup experience and ensure a smooth booking process, we recommend making activity selections using a desktop or laptop, as our app has limited space to show detailed instructions.