Incomplete Self-Registrations can potentially be an issue within ClubsBuddy. If a Parent has only completed only the first half of the Self-Registration process, the email address affiliated with that user will be stored into the ClubsBuddy system. However, if the second half of the process (The child registration screen) is not completed, there will be no link between the Parent and the child (Club/Organisation Member). Due to this incomplete self-registration the new user will not:
- Be able to log in
- Re-create a new user (as email address is already in use)
To correct this, a link between the Parent and Club Member must be created. This must be done manually.
When a user registers themselves or their child/children for ClubsBuddy the relevant staff will receive an email notification. If the registration process is incomplete you will need to make a note of the email that has been used in the registration process. Following this, you will need to manually add the child member to ClubsBuddy.
Please note: if you cannot identify the child, you must send an email to the parent who failed to complete the registration process. Within this email you will need to find out the following information about the child they were trying to register:
- First Name
- Last Name
- Date of Birth
- Region (This will have been explained during the initial set up process of your Club/Organisation)
Once the information has been obtained, you must manually create the member in ClubsBuddy.
- Click Reception
- Click Users
- Click the + and then Add Member
- When selected, the member creation screen will appear. Fill in the correct details surrounding the child club/organisation member.
- When the correct details have been entered, click the green Save tab.
- Now the child member account has been created, you must link the Parent to the Member.
- Click the Linked tab.
- Click the blue Add tab.
- Fill in the details of the Parent. PLEASE NOTE: The email address must be the same as the one used for registration.
- Click the blue Save tab when the correct details have been entered.
- When the parent is linked to the account, you should see the parent has already been active.
- Now the parent should be able to log into their account using the email and password they entered when registering.