Payment Provider - AsiaPay
Your step-by-step guide to getting online payments set up for your SchoolsBuddy portal.
1. Email Introduction
SchoolsBuddy does not currently offer direct bank integration for payments - we use a 3rd party provider. You will receive an email from us, to introduce you to your regional AsiaPay contact.
PayDollar is the credit debit card system
These are the 3 virtual payment types for Asiapay and need to be set up separately.
2. AsiaPay Initial Contact, Proposal & Process
Your AsiaPay regional contact will then arrange a suitable time with you to discuss your requirements. Once you have agreed on terms, they will send you the applicable proposal for your organisation, for you to sign and return.
AsiaPay will work with you to ensure the relevant requirements and authorisation for set up with us and your bank are provided. All documents will be sent directly to you.
The contract is between your school and AsiaPay, SchoolsBuddy is not involved in this process.
Please allow time for the Bank approval process to be completed. Typical documents required by the banks for the approval process (this may change by region):-
- Bank Agreement for Standard
- Copy of CEO's ID card and household of authorised person
- Copy of certificate of authorisation
- Copy of Bank Account
AsiaPay will send you instructions for a test payment with the Testing environment. It should include a Sample Payment Page, a Test Merchant Admin link and usually some Testing Card Accounts to use. The email should slook like this:-
FOR PAYMENT INTEGRATION DEVELOPER
Payment Connection Page (implement it with your own payment page)
- Merchant Id = 123456
- Currency = THB (or your local currency)
- AsiaPay/Siampay Sample Payment Page =
Access to Merchant Administration functions: e.g. Transaction Report
- Merchant Admin link= https://test.siampay.com/b2cDemo/eng/merchant/index.html
- Merchant Id = 123456
- Login Name = Admin1234
- Password = Admin1234
Testing Card Accounts - (please use the following accounts on testing platform) - they will send you shortened card numbers to use for testing with CVVs - usually Mastercard, VISA. etc
4. AsiaPay Credentials
Once the account testing and setup is complete, we have to do the set up at this end and will need your AsiaPay credentials to complete the integration. The credentials should be sent to us securely using this online form. Please do not submit them in the body of an email. You will also need to add an alternative email address for the test payment (see Step 5 below).
- Account Number/Merchant ID - usually a 9 digit number
- Secret hash/key - a combination of random letters and numbers
- API Username - usually a combination of the word api with the AsiaPay shortened version of your school name ID e.g The High School would be apiths
- API Password token - usually the AsiaPay shortened version of your school name ID plus 4 digits e.g The High School would be ths1234
Once we have these we can integrate the payment gateway with our system. You will need to send an email to email@example.com to request the required information - they can only share it with you.
SchoolsBuddy has no access to your AsiaPay account.
5. Payment Response URLs
You will need to update the payment response URLs - see screenshots for guidance.
Log into your AsiaPay Merchant Account and select Payment Option under Profile > Profile Setting:-
Update the URL with your SchoolsBuddy URL in the four grey/white boxes (your URL will have been sent to you once your set-up is complete and the Super Admin users have been activated). Each box must have your establishment’s SchoolsBuddy URL followed by all the text as shown in the examples below
- Return Value Link (DataFeed) should read: https://yourschoolurl.schoolsbuddy.net/PaymentAsiaPayExternal/DataFeed
- Successful Page Return Url should read: https://yourschoolurl.schoolsbuddy.net/PaymentAsiaPay/Success
- Fail Page Return Url should read: https://yourschoolurl.schoolsbuddy.net/PaymentAsiaPay/Error
- Cancel Page Return Url should read: https://yourschoolurl.schoolsbuddy.net/PaymentAsiaPay/Cancel
You will also need to update some Payment Options fields:-
- Return Value Ink (data feed) - should be "enabled"
- Data Feed failure alert by email - should be "enabled" ***
- Payment method selection in payment page should be "by logo"
- Paybooth Settings - Payment Access Code IGNORE this setting
- Paybooth Settings - Auto-Generate Merchant Reference Number IGNORE this setting
***Data feed failure alerts may be sent to you if a payment has been taken by AsiaPay, but has not been recorded in SchoolsBuddy due to a data feed failure. If this occurs you will need to login to your AsiaPay portal and Resend the Data Feed to SchoolsBuddy, and alert the SchoolsBuddy Support team by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
6. SchoolsBuddy Test Payment
Once setup has been confirmed, you will need to make a test payment - we cannot do a test payment directly for you as we do not have access to the Chinese payment methods such as Wechat, Alipay, Union Pay.
We will create a test charge on a test student's account, by adding a test parent to your SchoolsBuddy site with the email address that you specify when submitting your credentials. We will activate the test parent account and send you an email to activate that account and set up a password (unless you are using an account that is already active as a staff member). You can also use this test parent account to experience what a parent sees in SchoolsBuddy.
Once you have logged in with the test parent account, you will see a charge against the account for a small amount. Please click on the amount (as highlighted in the screenshot below) and proceed to make the test payment.
Please advise us of the successful test payment.
If there is an error message please report it to us so we can see if it is a configuration issue for us or AsiaPay.