Portal link is a quick access section on the dashboard to alert parents, staff or students to helpful information and school policies. This is a flexible feature that you can use for almost anything!
- Featured Portal Links are displayed on the home page
- Portal Links are administrated in the Settings section
- All Portal Links are accessed through the main menu (including more links not featured on the home page)
How to add a portal link
- Click on the Settings cog (numbered 2 in the image above)
- Select Portal Links from the menu.
- Start by adding categories to organise your policies and resources.
- Type the category name and click Enter to save it.
- Click Add Link under the Category you have made, or click the Add button at the top of the page to add some content.
- Enter the Subject or title of the page in Text. Select the Category and an appropriate Icon. You can type to search the icons in the dropdown menu. Select who can view the content under Visibility. Select Featured to show the content on the home page. If you do not toggle on the Featured option, the link will not be shown on the home page but will be available under the Portal Links section.
- Click Next and select the type of contact you would like to add. You can:
- Create a New portal page
- Link to an Existing Portal page
- Clone a previous portal page
- Add an external URL (for example, link to your School website, a social media page or another school system)
If you choose an external link, you can enter it directly on this page and Save. If you choose a new portal page click Next to continue creating your page.
- Create your content. The text editor has all the same features you use in your emails including links, tables, pictures, bullet points etc.
- Click to expand and edit the page in a fullscreen window.
- Click Save when complete
- The new page is now listed on the main Portal Links page. It will not be visible to anybody until you click Publish. You can also Unpublish, Edit or Delete old articles here.
If you have selected this as a featured page, visible to Admin staff you will now see it on your home page:
All Portal Links pages visible to you (depending on what type of User the article is visible to) can be found in the Portal Links category, regardless of whether they are featured or not.