Giving a Refund
Please note that refunds are processed in your FORT portal through this link: https://fort.payfort.com
- Login to your account and select the Order Transactions Management Tab. Search for the transaction by FORT ID or Merchant Reference or Date.
- Match the transaction details by the Date and Time, Amount and AUTH #
Note: SuperMain Merchant users may have to select Merchant Management > Subaccount
- A drop-down menu is shown on the lefthand-side of the page called "ACTION"
- Select the REFUND option and enter the amount whether it's partial or full and proceed
- When the status says ACCEPTED, it means that the request for refund has been accepted by the Acquirer and to be processed, which shall reach the customer's account within 7-14 working days or depending on the cardholder's Issuing Bank Internal Policy/ Terms and Conditions.
- You may provide your customer the AUTH number in case they would want to follow up with their bank.
If you have any problems please contact Amazon/Payfort Customer Support by email to email@example.com - you should always quote your Merchant Account Number