If the payment provider used by your School is Stripe and you wish to give a parent/pupil a refund for a payment, this must be completed via Stripe. This process contains two stages.
1: Processing a Withdrawal from the Wallet under Fees in SchoolsBuddy
2: Giving the refund within the Stripe Portal
Processing a Withdrawal from the Wallet in SchoolsBuddy
To process the withdrawal in SchoolsBuddy please read the article Refunding Money Back to the Original Payment Method.
Giving the Refund through Stripe
- Log into your Schools Stripe account using the information that used when registering.
- When you have logged into the Dashboard of Stripe:
- Click the 'Payments' tab on the left-hand side of the screen.
- Either paste or type the Stripe reference into the 'Search' bar at the top of the Screen. This can be found under Fees in SchoolsBuddy against the original payment.
- When the correct payment has been found with the same exact reference number, click the refund icon.
- When selected, a pop-up box like the one in the image below. From there, you can enter the details specific to the Refund:
- The amount being refunded
- Reason for the refund
- If the reason selected is other, a note is required.
- Now the payment has been refunded in Stripe, if you have not yet processed a withdrawal from the Wallet in the Fees tab in SchoolsBuddy, go back to part 1.
If this is not done, any related Reports will be affected.