If the payment provider used by your School is BlueSnap and you wish to give a parent a refund for a payment, this must be completed via BlueSnap. You must ensure that you have a Refund Reserve set up. See our BlueSnap support article on how to do this.
The process contains two stages:-
1: Withdrawing credit from the parent's wallet under Fees in SchoolsBuddy
2: Refunding the amount to the card used within the BlueSnap Portal
Processing a Withdrawal from the Wallet in SchoolsBuddy
To process the credit withdrawal in SchoolsBuddy please read the article Refunding Money Back to the Original Payment Method.
Refunding to the card used through BlueSnap
First, find the transaction ID in SchoolsBuddy. This can be found in the Fees Summary page, the Reports section, or from the Student Account Overview.
- Click on Fees > Student Accounts Overview & search for the student name. Click the 'View Transactions' button on the right.
- Adjust the date filter as required. Copy the BlueSnap transaction ID as highlighted.
3. Log in to your BlueSnap portal cp.bluesnap.com
4. On the right-hand side, Select Issue Refund
5. Add in the BlueSnap transaction ID from SchoolsBuddy into the Reference number field. Select Go, you will be shown the customer and order information before proceeding with the refund.
6. Check the amount to refund is correct (this will default to the full amount paid), you can change this to a lower amount if required. If you would like to enter a reason for the customer to see you can change this in the free text box below Refund Reason. Otherwise, the refund reason is defaulted to "Per your instructions". Once everything is confirmed, just press the Process Refund button.
7. Now the payment has been refunded in BlueSnap. If you have not yet processed a withdrawal from the Wallet in the Fees tab in SchoolsBuddy, go back to part 1.