If you have the "Organisation Super Admin" role for your school you will be able to manage a variety of other permissions for your staff from the Reception tab. You will also have access to edit and delete user records, although you should not need to use this as in most cases parents and students records will be maintained automatically by the sync with your Student Information System. If you would like to change your school's "Organisation Super Admin" users please contact us.
Staff can be allocated different roles which give them different access permissions in SchoolsBuddy. Staff can have combinations of various extra roles as needed.
- Regular Staff Role:
- is able to take registers, create groups, organise events (only for own groups), send communications(only for own groups), accept/reject join requests (only for own groups), view their staff schedule.
- Absentee Alert role:
- same access as a regular staff user plus when an absentee is recorded they are sent an email communication.
- Sign up and join requests role:
- same access as a regular staff user plus they are able to create sign up containers and accept/reject all activity join requests.
- Fees role:
- same access as a regular staff user plus they have access to the fee's module.
- Advanced Fee Admin:
- is able to process Credits and Withdrawals from the Wallet and carry out Mass Adjustments by Student or Event. Must also have Fees role assigned.
- Admin role:
- same access as a regular staff user but can also manage all groups, including sending a communication to all groups / years / grades, organise events for all groups and managing staff admins for all groups. Admins can also respond to join requests, and send out activation emails to users.
- Communications admin role:
- same access as a regular staff user but you can send communications the same as a School admin role.
- Super Organisation Admin role:
- is given entire access (every role) to your School's SchoolsBuddy. If you need to allocate this role to staff user please contact firstname.lastname@example.org as this role cannot be allocated in the web staff portal.
- Transport Admin
- Staff who can access Transport without configuration rights.
- Transport Advanced Admin
- Staff who can access Transport with configuration rights.
- Transport Alerts
- Staff who receive Transport Communications.
- Transport Bus Monitor
- External Staff who can access Transport Registers.
** By default, the 'Add' button on the Registers is ON for those with the Admin role and OFF for Teachers. If you would like these settings changed contact email@example.com.
- Click the Settings tab
Then select Staff Roles tab:
- From there, select which role you wish to allocate a staff member.
- When the staff role has been selected, a list of staff users who currently have that role will appear on the right-hand side of the screen. Click the blue 'Edit' tab to allocate more staff users this role.
- A pop-up box will appear on the screen like the one shown in the image below. The list on the right (Selected) shows all staff who already have this staff roll. To allocate another staff user to this role, click the green '' next to their name and they will move over to the 'selected column'. If your list of staff is long you can use the name box at the top to search for the person you are looking for.
You can also remove the staff user by clicking the red trash can icon which moves them back to the Available column.
When the correct staff have been selected click the green 'update' button to save your changes.
- Now the newly allocated staff user/s will be listed on the previous screen.
Please note, although you are able to view Super Admin Users, this role can only be applied to a staff member by SchoolsBuddy. To request a Super Admin role for a staff member, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.