To enable staff, students, and parents to set-up a SchoolsBuddy account, they must be sent an activation email. To send an activation email as a staff member, you must have admin access to your School's SchoolsBuddy (please request this at email@example.com if you require admin rights).
To filter the recipients of the activation email, click here.
Email addresses are brought into SchoolsBuddy either manually or via an MIS integration.
Manual Import: all email addresses are imported via a CSV file.
MIS integration: all email addresses that are entered within your MIS will be brought across into SchoolsBuddy (updates take place overnight therefore, any changes will be made the following day)
- Click on the 'Menu Icon' in the top-left, this will display a dropdown menu where you can select 'Reception' OR click on the 'Reception' icon on the homepage.
- When selected, it'll offer more options on the drop down menu, select the 'User' tab. From here, you will see an overview of your SchoolsBuddy Users.
3. On the 'User' page, you will see an overview of your SchoolsBuddy Users. There are three small tabs to choose from. Select 'Activation' to view the status of all SchoolsBuddy users.
There are four types of Activation Statuses:
- Not Sent - an activation email has not been sent to the user.
- No Email - there is no email tied to the user account.
- Sent but Inactive - Staff/student/parent that has never logged in (an activation email has been sent but they have not yet created a SchoolsBuddy account).
- Active - staff/student/parent (activation email sent and the user has successfully created a SchoolsBuddy account).
- To send an activation email, select the 'User' (student/parent/staff）and then select 'Activation Status - not sent' which will allow you to make a selection from a list of users.
- From here, you have two options, either 'Select All' toggle box which will select every user within the 'Activation Status - not sent' section or you can select individual users by clicking the toggle box to the left of their name.
- When the correct users have been selected, click the green 'Send' button at the top of the page.
- The user will now be sent an activation email, this may take a few minutes to deliver to the recipient. An example of the standard activation email that is sent to a parent is shown in the image below.
Activation emails expire after 21 days.
Activation emails are fully customisable, if you wish to make changes to your School's activation email please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Password reset emails can also be sent from this page to active users who need to change their password.