Some teachers may need to see different groups of students for different lengths of time or different subjects.
For example, the teacher J. Peakes teaches Biology class, but is also the head of pastoral care / Counselor for Year 4. They have 10 minute appointments for Biology and 15 minute appointments as a Counselor. In this case their appointments need to be scheduled separately and made available to different groups of students.
- First, create the separate "Teacher groups" on the Teachers tab. These will be available to the different student groups, Biology class B6-09 or Year 4.
NB. The page will show a warning that the teacher group has been duplicated. This will remind you not to schedule appointments at the same time for this teacher.
- Then Create Meetings for the teacher's schedule, making sure that the schedules do not overlap. For example, The Biology meetings run from 16:00 - 17:30 and the Year 4 meetings run from 17:30 - 19:00:
- Give the appointments and/or teacher groups different titles so that parents whose children are eligible for both appointment types can see the difference.
- Schedule one "teacher group" at a time so that you can set different appointment lengths and times.
- Check that the schedules for each "teacher group" do not overlap before you publish meetings. You can also check how many appointments are available for each student group on the Publish Meetings screen (go back to the Create Meetings screen to make any necessary adjustments).