To assign a student to a method of transport, click on Transport and then the Mass Student Assignment tab. You will need to assign students to both PM and Late PM buses so that the student is automatically picked up on the attendance register for the late bus if they are attending after school clubs.
- Select the Time Slot required
- Click on the Method of transport
- Click Add
- Use the search filters to narrow down the student list
- Click + next to the name to add individual students or use Add All
- Click Save when you have selected all students.
- A confirmation window appears to show the number of students that have been updated. If any students have already got a different method of transport assigned they will not be added. You will need to remove students from the other transport option first.
- The student’s Stop will default to the first/last stop of the journey, but this can be updated in the drop-down menu to any stop in the route.
- To make amendments for specific days, such as transport not required or a different stop, either click on the pencil icon or the day that you would like to amend. Remember to add the student on another transport method for days that are not required e.g. Parent Pickup.
If you need to copy the students from an existing time slot you are able to do this by using 'copy from other time slot'. You will need to select first the time slot that you are wishing to copy into. In this example, I wish to add students to the PM Lower Years Outbound. I am then going to select 'copy from other time slot'
After pressing 'Copy from other time slot' select the time slot you wish to copy from. In this example I am copying from the 'AM to school' (1), select the route you wish to copy (2), select the days of the week this needs to be copied for. (3)
Add the students by selecting Add All, or adding individual students via the '+' button.
Once you have selected the students press save.
The students will then be updated on the 'PM Lower Years Outbound'. It will copy the stop if there is a stop matching on the route if not it will set the stop to the first or the last stop on the route - you will then need to amend the bus stop as needed.
If the SchoolsBuddy team have already enabled register generation you'll just need to wait a few minutes before you see them on the Register. To check registers under the Reception > Registers tab make sure the Include Transport Events box is checked: