This page is where Stops are configured into Routes. Additional routes can be added, amended or deactivated as required.
- Click Add
- Name the Route
- Select Active (this can be deactivated later if required)
- Give the route a Code
- Select the Transport Method. Only transport methods that support routes will be available in the menu
- Choose the Direction of the route
- Click Add Stop to select the required stop in the route
- Stops can be reorganised using the up and down display order arrows.
- Select Include on Route for all stops. This can be used to disable stops as and when needed.
- Click Add.
Transport Timetable Configuration
This is where everything is put together: transport methods and routes are connected to time slots in the timetable calendar. When you add a configuration you can choose which bus runs when, and on what day. Here you can also set the bus monitor and the capacity of the bus.
- Click Add
- Select Transport Method
- Select Time Slot
- Direction will be autofilled.
- Days On this Timetable will default to your overall Operating Days but can be amended for each transport timetable.
- Is Active is defaulted on. If you do not want to publish the timetable yet you can deactivate it (Although if you are preparing your next timetable calendar you should not need to do this as it won't begin until the allotted dates).
- Click Next
- Select Include on the routes to be run for this transport type and time slot. Complete the Bus number/ID for each and enter a capacity. You can also add in a Bus Monitor (the staff member who will take the register for this bus & time) and capacity of the bus so that it cannot be overfilled.
If you have multiple buses on the same route to increase your capacity you can also use the clone feature to add more. Click Yes to confirm you are adding another bus.
Enter the Bus number/ID and then select OK.
Next there is a final confirmation step.
Once you have cloned the route you will see it is coloured grey as it is not automatically included - select Include to add it to the configuration and click Save.
Checkpoint: After this you will be ready to review your configuration with the SchoolsBuddy training team. Please Book a Training Session to discuss it and get ready for Mass Student Assignment or collecting transport methods from parents via signup.